“I’m strong to the finich, ’cause I eats me Spinach, I’m Popeye the sailor man!”
Lots of people think that only smoothies that are pink or red or orange are proper smoothies (example: boyfriend). You know, made with strawberries, raspberries, pineapple and all the other romantic fruits. But guess what: there is a whole world of green veggies hoping for a chance to be included into your breakfast. Seriously!
And you know what all the nutritionists preach all the time… Eat as much green vegetables as you can. The darker the better.
So what do yo say for example about these:
KALE, AVOCADO, SPINACH, CUCUMBER, or even BROCCOLI!?
Noticed something? Yep, all GREEN (don’t run away, I used just two at once, not ALL of them!). And the ones I used hardly taste anything, so if you new to the color green, this smoothie bowl is a great starting point.
Being vegan or following a raw food diet it can be pretty hard to get the amount of protein that you need. It’s always the big question from people when they discover I eat vegan AND high raw food.
So another green stuff that can be found in this smoothie bowl that helps dealing with the protein intake is HEMP PROTEIN and CHLORELLA.
Below a short explanation what they are and why they are good:
– most complete source of protein in the plant kingdom. Ca 45% protein per 100 gram
– rich in Essential Fatty Acids Omega-3 and Omega-6. These are hard to find in plant based diet and only little other plants contains these acids (flax and chia seeds, leafy greens like kale or spinach, chlorella and spirulina algae and beans).
– rich in protein (61 % protein per 100 gram)
– Omega 3 and 6 and lots of vitamins like B6, zinc, iron and phosphorus
– great for detox and cleansing your body
NOTE: of course the protein should not come only from these 2 supplements, but proteins can be found in a lot of vegetables in smaller amounts. So if your diet is balanced and varied you probably reach your protein intake through the day.
So, what do we learn from all this? Green is a good color guys. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF GREEN. Or even better: WORSHIP THE GREEN!
So keeping in mind that you want to give your body the best nutrition, try out some raw food and prepare this seriously delicious smoothie bowl! Breakfast or not, here we go!
Ingredients: (1 pers.)
1 heaped cup spinach (or 3 kale leaves)
1 big banana
3 dates pitted
1 tsp grated ginger
1 flat tsp chlorella powder
2 heaped tbsp hemp protein powder
ca 1 cup plant milk (I used oat milk, but water/orange juice etc is also great)
1. Blend all ingredients in your blender until thick and creamy. If you use kale instead of spinach remove the hard stalks of the leaves.
3. Top with fruits you have on hand.